Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I used Grammarly to grammar check this post, because my grammar skills embarrass even my computer's spell check


I confess that my grammar skills have deteriorated to the point where I must Google nearly every sentence to make sure I'm not screwing up my tenses and clauses, or committing some other grievous grammar-centric crime against the English language.

Which leads me to Grammarly.com

This handy website is an automated proofreader and "personal grammar" coach (I like the sound of that!). www.grammarly.com
will "correct up to ten times more mistakes than the popular word processor." 

Don't believe me, check it out. 

But don't ask me if what they tell you is right. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the term data correctly.

Pop Quiz: which one is right?

 The data shows that boys watch more sports than girls watch

OR

The data show that boys watch more sports than girls watch.

Like I said, don't ask me!


No comments:

Post a Comment