Friday, May 2, 2014

Sneak Preview!

Sneak preview from:

"Sleeping Dogs Don't Lie" 

the concluding novel in the 

"Murder in the Dog Park" trilogy

I cracked a wad of nicorette gum between my molars and drummed my palms impatiently against my desk. A scrim of sweat formed on my forehead. My armpits were as slippery as a driveway after a rainstorm. With the vintage Whirlpool air conditioner unit in the office on the fritz and the Wifi down, there wasn’t much for me to do except stare at Jerome’s ass and curse the infernal Baltimore summer.

I picked up a sheet of paper and fanned my face. Jerome was bent over a chipped, gunmetal gray cabinet searching for a case file.

“Quit your rubbernecking,” he said, wiggling his butt like a two-bit stripper begging for a tip. He pulled a manilla envelope out of the cabinet with a flourish then tossed it on my desk. 

“Staring ain’t gonna give you this kind of booty,” Jerome said, giving his butt a playful slap. “Face it, Jane, you got no ass and that ain’t gonna change. Now when are we gonna get this air conditioner replaced? It’s hotter than a nun’s crotch in this damn pit.”
 





No comments:

Post a Comment